From: ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching back to console
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:09:56
1 On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:28:29 -0600
2 "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:27:20 -0700
5 > "Andrey Falko" <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:48 AM, ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
7 > > wrote:
8 > > > Hi list!
9 > > > For some time now (I seem to recall this not working a few weeks
10 > > > back ) I can't seem to be able to switch back to console from X
11 > > > with Ctr+Alt+Fn. Xev sees Ctr+Alt+Fn keycode as Fn keycode(don't
12 > > > know if this is expected behaivor or not). I can't the console to
13 > > > work neither from kde-svn nor from fluxbox. I have not defined no
14 > > > particular keyboard layout, I'm just using the default one. I
15 > > > have defined some key mappings for other keys, none of them
16 > > > involves F keys, and the behaivor is the same weather I use the
17 > > > mappings or not. Could you perhaps give me a hand with this?
18 > > >
19 > > >
20 > >
21 > > When you press CTRL+ALT+F1 for instance, do you get a black screen?
22 Nope nothing
23 > > Or do you remain in the fluxbox/kde X session? There is no freeze up
24 > > either right?
25 Nope
26 I don't know how much it will help, but can you post
27 > > all of the xorg files you edited?
28 Just xorg.conf....long long time ago
29 Maybe someone will spot something
30 > > unusual...
31 Hopefully, I've just attched it.
34 > Specifically, look for a:
35 > Option "DontVTSwitch" "true"
36 > line in xorg.conf, and if it's there remove it or change it to
37 > false.
38 Nope not there
39 >> Another option to look for in xorg.conf is
40 > "HandleSpecialKeys". Also check your Xorg.log files (maybe after
41 > increasing logging verbosity) for anything relevant, like XKEYBOARD
42 > extension errors.
45 > Good luck,
46 > Conway S. Smith
47 >