From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching back to console
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:28:34
1 On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:27:20 -0700
2 "Andrey Falko" <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:48 AM, ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Hi list!
6 > > For some time now (I seem to recall this not working a few weeks
7 > > back ) I can't seem to be able to switch back to console from X
8 > > with Ctr+Alt+Fn. Xev sees Ctr+Alt+Fn keycode as Fn keycode(don't
9 > > know if this is expected behaivor or not). I can't the console to
10 > > work neither from kde-svn nor from fluxbox. I have not defined no
11 > > particular keyboard layout, I'm just using the default one. I
12 > > have defined some key mappings for other keys, none of them
13 > > involves F keys, and the behaivor is the same weather I use the
14 > > mappings or not. Could you perhaps give me a hand with this?
18 > When you press CTRL+ALT+F1 for instance, do you get a black screen?
19 > Or do you remain in the fluxbox/kde X session? There is no freeze up
20 > either right? I don't know how much it will help, but can you post
21 > all of the xorg files you edited? Maybe someone will spot something
22 > unusual...
25 Specifically, look for a:
26 Option "DontVTSwitch" "true"
27 line in xorg.conf, and if it's there remove it or change it to
28 false. Another option to look for in xorg.conf is
29 "HandleSpecialKeys". Also check your Xorg.log files (maybe after
30 increasing logging verbosity) for anything relevant, like XKEYBOARD
31 extension errors.
34 Good luck,
35 Conway S. Smith