From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching back to console
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:27:22
1 On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:48 AM, ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 > For some time now (I seem to recall this not working a few weeks back )
4 > I can't seem to be able to switch back to console from X with
5 > Ctr+Alt+Fn. Xev sees Ctr+Alt+Fn keycode as Fn keycode(don't know if
6 > this is expected behaivor or not). I can't the console to work neither
7 > from kde-svn nor from fluxbox. I have not defined no particular
8 > keyboard layout, I'm just using the default one. I have defined some
9 > key mappings for other keys, none of them involves F keys, and the
10 > behaivor is the same weather I use the mappings or not. Could you
11 > perhaps give me a hand with this?
15 When you press CTRL+ALT+F1 for instance, do you get a black screen? Or
16 do you remain in the fluxbox/kde X session? There is no freeze up
17 either right? I don't know how much it will help, but can you post all
18 of the xorg files you edited? Maybe someone will spot something
19 unusual...