From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vmware modules doesn't build for gentoo-2.6.9-gentoo-r3 kernel
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:33:55
1 Martin Larsson wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:58:14 -0600, Chris Cox <onebeer32@×××××××.com> wrote:
6 >>What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
7 >>running
8 >>kernel? [/lib/modules/2.6.9-gentoo-r3/build/include]
12 >Maybe your header files are in /usr/src/linux/include ?
15 the ones installed by sys-kernel/linux26-headers are in /usr/include/linux.
16 BTW can someone explain me why this package exist? It's not enaugh the
17 linux ones, the only answer I can give myself is not to be constricted
18 to recompile a bunch of programs every time u change kernel. It's the
19 right answer ?
20
21 thanks francesco
22