From: Hans <linux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Customised System Rescue CD -> USB stick and UEFI
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 10:18:54
1 On 18/09/16 15:02, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday 17 Sep 2016 22:55:32 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 17:10:28 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> Has anyone managed to install a customised (or even standard) SysRescCd
5 >>> image onto a USB stick so that it will boot in UEFI mode?
6 >>
7 >> I've done it several times with a stock SysResCd. Just loop mount the ISO
8 >> and run the install script.
9 >
10 > Yes, I can do that with no trouble; I just wanted to see if I could use
11 > their instructions to make my own version.
12 >
13 >> I've never bothered to try to customise it as I usually only use them to
14 >> install Gentoo.
15 >
16 > A few times this box has somehow lost its UEFI stubs and I've had to use a
17 > rescue CD to reinstall them.
20 I tried this several times. Finally installed Gentoo with Xfce DE and
21 all utilities I could think of ever using on a USB drive.