From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Relocating notification popup KDE-4.5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:37:19
1 On Monday 29 November 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Such a simple thing and I cannot find how to do it.
3 >
4 > KDE-4.5, I have a panel at the bottom with a systray over on the right
5 > edge. I run konsole on the right half of the screen, and the plasmoid
6 > notification popup is right above where the current command is being
7 > typed.
8 >
9 > So I want to move the popup somewhere else like maybe top right of screen
10 > (without having to fiddle with plasmoids on the desktop and other nonsense
11 > which I don't grok)
12 >
13 > I cannot find how to do this :-( Maybe it's a theme thing, I use
14 > Elegance, but I recall not being able to do this either with the default
15 > theme long ago.
16
17 notification is part of sys-tray. So to move the notifications you have to move
18 the systray plasmoid. Just unlock plasmoids, left click on the cashew on the
19 toolbar and you can move around all the plasmoids.