From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Relocating notification popup KDE-4.5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:38:56
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 09:35 on Tuesday 30 November 2010, Volker
2 Armin Hemmann did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Monday 29 November 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Such a simple thing and I cannot find how to do it.
6 > >
7 > > KDE-4.5, I have a panel at the bottom with a systray over on the right
8 > > edge. I run konsole on the right half of the screen, and the plasmoid
9 > > notification popup is right above where the current command is being
10 > > typed.
11 > >
12 > > So I want to move the popup somewhere else like maybe top right of screen
13 > > (without having to fiddle with plasmoids on the desktop and other
14 > > nonsense which I don't grok)
15 > >
16 > > I cannot find how to do this :-( Maybe it's a theme thing, I use
17 > > Elegance, but I recall not being able to do this either with the default
18 > > theme long ago.
19 >
20 > notification is part of sys-tray. So to move the notifications you have to
21 > move the systray plasmoid. Just unlock plasmoids, left click on the cashew
22 > on the toolbar and you can move around all the plasmoids.
25 Hmmm. What if my usual usage is ALL screen space occupied by apps ALL THE
26 TIME? How do I see some popup on the desktop if the entire desktop is covered
27 by window.
28
29 And I WANT the systray in the panel at bottom right. I also want to tell the
30 plasmoid to put it's popup somewhere else, not in the default place.
31
32 Am I asking for the impossible?
36 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com