From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error message in Xorg.log for intel xorg driver
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:54:01
1 2009/1/16 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > So if evdev failed for some reason, it would fall back to the keyboard
4 > and mouse drivers you think? That I would be willing to try if that is
5 > the case.
8 I don't think there is a fallback option. You can either use the new
9 or the old way. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
10
11 New way:
12
13 INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" in /etc/make.conf
14 build xorg-server with USE="hal"
15 configure input devices in an appropiate fdi file under
16 /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ instead of xorg.conf
17
18 Old way:
19
20 INPUT_DEVICES="kbd mouse" in /etc/make.conf
21 build xorg-server with USE="-hal"
22 configure input devices in xorg.conf
25 Regards,
26 Daniel