From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My PC died. What should I try?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:10:44
1 On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Edward M <martinezedward228@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> And if the motherboard is somehow shorting out inside the case
5 >> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/307187-30-motherboard-shorting-case
6 >
7 > I completely forget that I had this happen once. The case design was
8 > such that part of the motherboard contacted metal of the case. When I
9 > tried to turn on, it would short and fail to boot up. I had to get a
10 > piece of sticky film and made a layer on the case in the area where it
11 > was touching. After doing that it worked fine.
12
13 Cases usually ship with standoffs to prevent that kind of thing. The
14 standoffs look like screws with screwholes in them, and a hexagonal
15 shaft you can manage with your fingers, a socket wrench or
16 (non-needlenose) pliers.
19 :wq