From: Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about /etc/conf.d/net entry
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 17:51:18
1 Dan,
2
3 The cable checked out. I used it to hookup my work laptop with the other
4 laptop I was using as my client, and was able to ping each host. The fact
5 that I had no link made me curious ... and I realized it made user error ...
6 I was "SURE" that I verified the NIC I was plugging into was eth1, as I've
7 got 3 NICs in the machine ... the one with no link is really eth2 ... not
8 eth1 ... I plugged into the correct interface, and (perhaps) needless to
9 say, my client is now seeing the gateway and the gateway sees the client.
10
11 Thanks for the pointers on my config. They helped me ensure that I had my
12 machine setup properly!
13
14 Thanks,
15