From: Facu Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Change EFI to BIOS Boot
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 22:22:05
1 On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 06:06:13PM -0700, walt wrote:
2 > On 04/12/2014 03:45 AM, Facu Curti wrote:
3 > > Hi all. First at all i apologize if my english is not enough.
4 > > When I installed gentoo, I do that with UEFI, and gpt partitions. But
5 > > right now, I tried to install XEN, and this not works with EFI. I cant
6 > > wait until somebody fix this problem, So i'm thinking to change "EFI" to
7 > > "BIOS" boot.
8 > >
9 > > So, I deleted the efi (/boot/efi) partition, edited make.conf, and deleted
10 > > /etc/default/grub.
11 > >
12 > > After that, I made a new partition with bios_grub
13 > > flag. As explained in [1]. And reinstalled grub2 (with new flags).
14 > > But I can't boot.
15 >
16 > What happens when you try to boot? Can you see the grub2 menu screen?
17 >
18 No, I cant see grub menu. It just restarts.
19
20 I could not fix it, so I'm going to format the computer. I will make a
21 backup from system,format as ms_dos, and then restore backup.
22 If anyone can give me any sugestion, I will appreciate that.
23
24 Thank you all for help. Bytes! ;)