From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fonts and bad eyes
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 23:13:28
1 On Saturday 17 May 2014 13:21:08 David Haller wrote:
2
3 > The Linux text-console font is also very good.
4
5 Yes, except for one thing: the oblique stroke through the zero. That makes it
6 almost indistinguishable from an 8, to my poor eyes (one acute myopia, the
7 other even more acute astigmatism together with moderate myopia, and now both
8 being destroyed slowly by glaucoma).
9
10 Some time ago I tried to find out where the VC font is defined, with a view to
11 removing that oblique bar, but I ran out of steam before finding it. If anyone
12 can shed any light on this I'd be grateful.
13
14 Oh, and Dale, so far I've come to like the Bitstream Vera Sans at size 14 for
15 KMail text.
18 Regards
19 Peter