From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VIDEO_CARDS setting for 3D Rage Pro
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:30:58
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Converting my last FC machine to Gentoo since it didn't survive an FC2
3 > to FC4 upgrade.
4 >
5 > Questions:
6 >
7 > 1) Is the VIDEO_CARDS= setting in /etc/make.conf still considered the
8 > right way to configure a new machine for a specific card?
9 >
10 > 2) If the answer to #1 is yes then what's the right setting for a 3D
11 > Rage Pro? (I.e. - where's the list of legal names?)
12 >
13 > 3) If no, then what's the right way to do this these days?
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 > Mark
19 It looks like the gentoo ati faq might be helpful:
20
21 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml
22
23 It mentions an x11-drm package that can be used to build kernel DRI modules. Inside the ebuild there is a list:
24
25 IUSE_VIDEO_CARDS="3dfx ffb i810 i830 i915 mach64 matrox rage128 radeon savage sis via"
26
27 I'm not sure if any of those will work for you but I'm sure one of the ati gurus will be along in a moment to help you.
28
29 Zac
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list