From: Pablo Antonio <pabloa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: FW: [gentoo-user] livecd does not boot after gentoo install
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:11:24
1 On 11:24 Mon 15 May , de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello list,
4 >
5 > I am posting the message again because I sent it over the weekend and
6 > some of you may not have seen it.
7 >
8 > After using a livecd to make a successful gentoo install, I tried to
9 > boot from the livecd again but in every attempt the bios keep booting
10 > grub from the hard drive. If I remove the hard drive from the list of
11 > boot devices in the bios and force it to boot from the CD rom I get the
12 > message: OS not found; I am sure the livecd is in the CD rom but
13 > apparently it is not recognized. What would be the reason for this
14 > behavior?
15
16 Actually, I find it really weird. Are you sure that's the same CD you
17 used before? I'd suggest you to try with another LiveCD. If it doesn't
18 work, and you're sure it worked before, the problem is pretty likely the
19 optical drive. That is my humble, correctible opinion.
22 > Any inputs on this problem appreciated.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 >
26 > --