From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwalletd5 migration fails
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 18:10:36
1 On Sunday 15 May 2016 17:45:01 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On May 15, 2016 11:56:45 AM GMT+02:00, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > >I ran kwalletd5 on the recently migrated desktop and it will not accept
5 > >the
6 > >KDE-4 user's kwallet passwd. This is what it gives:
7 > >
8 > >$ kwalletd5
9 > >kwalletd5 started
10 > >Migration agent starting ...
11 > >Setting useNewHash to true
12 > >Wallet new enough, using new hash
13 > >fsize 4154251805 encrypted.size(): 40 blksz: 8
14 > >Application ' "KDE Wallet Migration Agent" ' using kwallet without
15 > >parent
16 > >window!
17 > >
18 > >any idea what I should do for the migration script to accept the
19 > >passwd?
20 >
21 > In the upgrade guide there was mention of a specific USE flag to ensure
22 > kwallet5 can read kwallet4 files.
23
24 (I think) I fixed the kwalletd5 problem. I gave up on running the *idiotic*
25 migration, which should be semi-automatic if not completely transparent to the
26 user, or at least accept the user's passwd if it can't read it from kwallet-4
27 and hacked chromium to use --password-detect=kwallet. This brought it back to
28 the behaviour it had under KDE4.
29
30 Kmail appears to be running the old kwalletd-4 daemon, but kwalletd5 runs at
31 start up. I hope it won't give me any more problems.
32 --
33 Regards,
34 Mick