From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE slow / console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 09:23:27
1 On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:32:00 -0800, walt wrote:
2
3 > > I get this on my desktop but not my laptop. I have tried for ages to
4 > > find out why it only fails on the desktop and gave up. Now I just
5 > > "chmod +x /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper" and it goes away,
6 > > until the next update.
7 >
8 > Helmut is still using consolekit. Are you still using consolekit?
9
10 Yes, it's the default for kdm so it is enabled on both computers.
11
12 > I have no idea if consolekit is relevant here, but Canek has been
13 > telling us that consolekit is abandonware and we should stop depending
14 > on it.
15
16 That's part of the drive to put everything in systemd, which I do not use.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Indecision is the key to flexibility.