From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] shoutcast problem 64bit gentoo
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:21:56
1 On 1/23/09, Xav' <xp@××××××××.fr> wrote:
2 > This is a joke, isn't it ??? the error message coming from rc script is a
3 > bit clear IMHO...
4
5 Well, the error message is clear and that listing from someone's home
6 directory has me really puzzled -- what's the connection, why present
7 it?
8
9 But maybe he has an /opt he has unmounted since he did "emerge
10 shoutcast-server-bin"? I do installs the way that I only boot at the
11 very end of compilations -- when it's really necessary to do so. So
12 maybe he installed everything -- and forgot /opt from fstab or marked
13 it not to be mounted automagically?
14
15 Or maybe he didn't emerge shoutcast at all, but did something weird
16 with instructions for some non-gentoo installations?
17
18 Anyway, to be of any assistance (and I don't even know or run
19 shoutcast myself) Mr Daletka should give some more details on how
20 exactly he got into the situation he is in? How did he install
21 shoutcast, etc? Why are there binaries in someone's home directory?
22 (And why is he looking at them instead of the ones that should be
23 where the init script is looking for?)
26 Arttu V.