From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Toggling wireless on eee without fn+f2
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 01:40:29
1 Hi group,
2
3 I recall a reference, which I can't find anymore, to a method of
4 toggling the wireless on/off for a EEE-PC that involved first,
5 disabling wireless in the BIOS, and then echo'ing a 1 or a 0 to some
6 file or other. Does anybody know the method I refer to? I can't
7 remember the file or the complete command, just that it involves
8 echo'ing a 1 or 0 somewhere. This was part of a discussion lamenting
9 the difficulty of getting fn + f2 to work on something other than the
10 stock Xandros OS.C
11
12 I tried 'Code Listing 6.2: Automated WLAN Power Management' in the
13 gentoo doc, 'Power Management Guide' which says to put
14 'iwconfig_wlan="power on"' in /etc/conf.d/net without success
15
16 Maxim