From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox 68
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 09:47:34
1 On Monday, 16 September 2019 17:55:45 BST Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > What fixed the issue for me was deleting the files addons.json and
4 > addonStartup.json.lz4. As well as addons.sqlite which is superseded by
5 > addons.json anyway.
6 >
7 > After this firefox started fine. Having had problems with addons before
8 > I knew deleting this files is somewhat safe. At least there weren't any
9 > apparent problems afterwards. Bonus is you keep all your settings for
10 > firefox and the addons.
11 >
12 > However I can't guarantee this works for everybody so create a backup of
13 > your firefox profile before.
14
15 I haven't found any addons.sqlite on two systems so far. Deleting only
16 addonStartup.json.lz4 allowed Firefox to launch, without losing any settings,
17 bookmarks, addons, extensions, etc.
18
19 The addonStartup.json.lz4 file (as well as addons.json if re/moved), are
20 recreated next time FF is launched. Perhaps something in the FF json engine
21 changed and the old json script syntax is not liked much.
22
23 Thanks again Daniel for your suggestion. :-)
26 Regards,
27
28 Mick