From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning out /etc/portage easily??
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 07:46:42
1 Christopher J. Camisa wrote:
2 > On 06/01/2016 02:28 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I suspect there may be more people than me wondering about this one. I
6 >> have quite a few entries in /etc/portage files, especially keywords.
7 >> I'd like to know if there is a tool that deletes no longer needed
8 >> entries itself. I been using eix-test-obsolete but doing it manually
9 >> can take quite a while. Is there a tool that I can run and it clean out
10 >> those files itself instead of me doing it one line at a time? I figure
11 >> there has to be someone out there that has already done this, surely.
12 >>
13 >> Anyone have any info on such a beast?
14 >>
15 >> Thanks much.
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 >>
19 >> :-) :-)
23 > Hi Dale,
24 >
25 > You're looking for enalyze from app-portage/gentoolkit.
26 > Have a look in the manual, ENALYZE(1) for usage.
27 >
28 > DESCRIPTION
29 > Enalyze is a collection of modules for analyzing the state of
30 > installed Gentoo packages for USE flags or
31 > keywords used for installation, and their current masking status.
32 > It can also optionally (re)generate new /etc/portage/package.*
33 > files.
34 >
35 > Kind Regards,
36 > -Camisa
37
38 That looks veeeerrryyyy interesting. That just may be what I need. It
39 seems to do it backwards from what I was expecting but I'll give it a
40 shot, once I read how to use it. ;-)
41
42 Thanks much.
43