From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running HTTP and DNS on same machine
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 01:58:26
1 >> Just to counter all of the scary stories,
2 >
3 > Yeah, i'd like to counter too. While the implications of getting it
4 > wrong are serious, technically its quite simple. I run my own DNS, and
5 > use a couple of free secondaries (http://www.twisted4life.com and
6 > http://www.everydns.net).
7
8 everydns.net is merging with dyn.com and you have to migrate it
9 yourself. There is a $4.95 "migration fee" and they aren't clear
10 about whether the service will be free for everydns.net users once you
11 pay the fee. dyn.com DNS starts at $30/year normally.
12
13 Is it alright to sign up for DNS service from your server host?
14
15 - Grant