From: Spidey / Claudio <spideybr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WPA2 connection configuration?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:14:48
1 Complementing James comment, when I messed with Gentoo on a notebook I
2 also tried the confusing and troublesome way: configuring wi-fi to
3 connect at boot time. It was REALLY a challenge, maintaining a
4 realistic configuration file, which would let you boot with network up
5 equally while home and while at work. At the end of the day, I just
6 regressed to no boot configuration and went with wicd or
7 NetworkManager.
8 When I came back to configuring my desktop, it felt strange to run
9 dhcp at boot time, I even tried migrating a wired box to
10 NetworkManager, but ended with a static config nevertheless.