From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PRNG is not seeded
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:23:18
1 Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk
3 > <mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:17:07 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
6 >
7 > > when i restart sshd I get PRNG is not seeded
8 > >
9 > > # /etc/init.d/sshd restart
10 > > PRNG is not seeded
11 >
12 > Does /dev/urandom exist? What are it's permissions?
15 > --
16 > Neil Bothwick
17 >
18 > Never eat more than you can lift.
21 > Hi
22 >
23 > Thanks for the clue,
24 >
25 > Both the files /dev/random and /dev/urandom are missing in my system.
26 >
27 > How do i go ahead in fixing this issue
28 >
29 > Thanks and Regards
30 >
31 > Kaushal
34 I just noticed this on mine. Do you have the service urandom in the
35 boot runlevel?
36
37 root@smoker / # eselect rc list boot
38 Init scripts to be started by runlevel boot
39 bootmisc
40 checkfs
41 checkroot
42 clock
43 consolefont
44 hostname
45 keymaps
46 localmount
47 modules
48 net.lo
49 rmnologin
50 serial
51 urandom
52 root@smoker / #
55 That may help. If it is there, try restarting it and see if you get any
56 errors. Make sure you don't have anything important running just in
57 case it stops other services when restarting this service.
58
59 Dale
60
62 --