From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing BTRFS on MBR with OpenRC
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:54:42
1 On Friday 07 August 2015 09:49:24 I wrote:
2
3 > I'll let you know when I've finished building the VM and tried to boot it.
4 > Thanks for your help.
5
6 I have now followed Rich's procedure to build the VM, and it does boot - once!
7
8 After that, on every boot it complains "failed to read the system array" and
9 I'm dropped into a dracut repair shell. Then btrfs device scan && exit allows
10 the boot to finish.
11
12 So I ran dracut again with add_dracutmodules+=”btrfs” and add_drivers+=”btrfs”
13 but that didn't help. Specifying device=/dev/sda4,device=/dev/sdb4 on the
14 kernel command line didn't help either.
17 Rgds
18 Peter