From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cowon iAudio u5
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:53:03
1 On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 01:10:22AM +0100, Penguin Lover b.n. squawked:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm considering buying this mp3 player:
4 > http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/u5/#specs
5
6 The best chance you'll get an answer is probably from the Cowon
7 forums. I own a JetAudio M3, and it is extremely linux friendly.
8
9 > The u5 seems nice, unfortunately it doesn't support Ogg, but apart from
10 > it looks cool. However it says:
11 >
12 > Supports Windows Media DRM 10, MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)
13 > [...]
14 > USB Data Transfer Support for MAC OS (9.X, 10.X) and Linux (v2.2 and higher)
17 My guess for the DRM: it supports playback of files with Windows Media
18 DRM (which, AFAIK, cannot be played on linux.) I don't know what the
19 Media Transfor Protocol is.
20
21 The Cowon iAudio in general has very good history that they can be
22 used as just a removable USB disk with the VFAT driver.
23
24 Best,
25
26 W
27
28 > Is some Gentooer using the iAudio u5? What do you advise me to look for
29 > in understanding this issue?
30 >
31 > Thanks,
32 > m.
35 Marten: Instead of a basket with wine and cheese, you get jpegs of
36 equine molestation.
37 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 407 days, 23:02
38 --
39 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list