From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Depclean question
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 05:06:41
1 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > I have just used depclean for the first time (I was afraid of it) after
3 > several years of Gentoo. It has cleaned up my system a good bit but now
4 > it wants to remove some packages that I'm concerned about:
5 >
6 > gcc-3.4.6-r2 (I'm using 4.1.2)
7 > libstdc++-v3-3.3.4 and virtual/libstdc++
8 > virtual/jdk and virual/jre (it leaves the later versions in both cases)
9 > qt-4.1.4-r2 (leaving qt-3.3.8-r4)
10 > several early versions of db leaving db-4.5.20_p2
11 > and a few others
12 >
13 > How much danger is there if I remove these?
14 >
15 > Tony
18 Well, went ahead and finished --depclean. No more packages to remove
19 and revdep-rebuild is happy.
20
21 Ah! I feel like I just had a nice hot bath and I'm squeaky clean!
22
23 I LOVE Gentoo.......
24
25 Tony
28 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
29 -- Benjamin Franklin
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list