From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ReactOS on virtualbox: VERY small viewport?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 09:01:32
1 On 05/20 10:22, Kai Krakow wrote:
2 > Am Sat, 20 May 2017 09:22:12 +0200
3 > schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
4 >
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I need a "windows" only for the purpose of flashing th.e firmware of
8 > > my NiMH-charger because the vendor forgot, that there are other OSes
9 > > alive on this planet earth.
10 > >
11 > > I tried ReactOS via virtualbox...and yes it "runs"... But the given
12 > > screen is /that/ tiny, that even the desktop of ReactOS does not fit.
13 > >
14 > > Hmmmm....
15 > >
16 > > I earned about some problems of the correct implementation and
17 > > installation/usage of layer eight of some software/OSes and the
18 > > handling of them so better to ask, what may the reason for this tiny
19 > > screen...?
20 > >
21 > > Virtualnbox?
22 > > ReactOS?
23 > > Me?
24 >
25 > Install the guest extensions, set the virtualbox window size to auto
26 > adjust the guest resolution, then reboot and resize your window.
27 >
28 > You may find that the taskbar is missing, try rebooting again. It
29 > should appear after some seconds.
32 > --
33 > Regards,
34 > Kai
35 >
36 > Replies to list-only preferred.
40 Hi Kai,
41
42 installing the guest additions results in a blue screen after
43 reboot...
44
45 ?
46