From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 1 (Permission denied)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 13:36:13
1 On 09/02/2021 04:44, cal wrote:
2 >> but it doesn't, when I log-in the XFCE4 is not starting automatically,
3 >> I have to type manually: startxfce4
4 >>
5 > I see you have already solved your problem.  But it bears mentioning:
6 > .xinitrc is executed by runing `startx`, not by the login shell.
7
8 Indeed, I don't know what "rc" at the end stands for, but if a file ends
9 in rc it is almost always a *config* file, which is *read* by the target
10 of interest. It is in no way shape or form an executable of any sort.
11
12 Cheers,
13 Wol