From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: make distclean
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 01:06:06
1 On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:30:52 +0200
2 Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/Upgrade
8 > Sanitize sources
9 >
10 > If you just want to rebuild the current kernel, you need sometimes to
11 > sanitize the kernel sources:
12 >
13 > |root # ||make distclean|
14
15 This has now been updated to reflect this ML thread.
16
17 > Interesting option. Wish it had said it would nuke my .config as well.
18 > Just finished setting it up. Thought I'd follow the advice given
19 > before rebuilding the kernel. Should've backed up the .config file
20 > prior to running 'make distclean'.
21 >
22 > Lesson learnt. :'(
23
24 Yeah, you will only want to run this if you really need to run it; in
25 common, just starting from `make` after having done configuration
26 changes suffice. You only really need a distclean with a broken build.
29 With kind regards,
30
31 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
32 Gentoo Developer
33
34 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
35 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
36 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D