From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: make distclean
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:59:45
1 Thanks very much, Tom, for your prompt response and action taken.
5 On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
6 > On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:30:52 +0200
7 > Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
10 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/Upgrade
13 >> Sanitize sources
14 >>
15 >> If you just want to rebuild the current kernel, you need sometimes to
16 >> sanitize the kernel sources:
17 >>
18 >> |root # ||make distclean|
19 >
20 > This has now been updated to reflect this ML thread.
21 >
22 >> Interesting option. Wish it had said it would nuke my .config as well.
23 >> Just finished setting it up. Thought I'd follow the advice given
24 >> before rebuilding the kernel. Should've backed up the .config file
25 >> prior to running 'make distclean'.
26 >>
27 >> Lesson learnt. :'(
28 >
29 > Yeah, you will only want to run this if you really need to run it; in
30 > common, just starting from `make` after having done configuration
31 > changes suffice. You only really need a distclean with a broken build.
32 >
33 > --
34 > With kind regards,
35 >
36 > Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
37 > Gentoo Developer
38 >
39 > E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
40 > GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
41 > GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D