From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Share /home with Gentoo and Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:33:28
1 On Tuesday 27 November 2012 13:41:16 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:01:28 -0500, Michael Orlitzky
3 >
4 > <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > You can work around it fairly easily, though. Just mount all of your
6 > > version-independent stuff separately, under ~/Documents or whatever.
7 > > Or never go back to Ubuntu =)
8 >
9 > This is good advice. Another potential solution is to use symlinks to
10 > map the OS-dependent files to the right places.
11 >
12 > Or you could make /home/username be OS dependent, with another OS
13 > independent volume mounted somewhere, perhaps /home/os_independent.
14
15 My solution is to have a separate partition called 'common' which I
16 mount under my user home directory in whichever Linux I'm running at the
17 time. Then anything I think I might need anywhere I just put in
18 /home/prh/common/...
21 Rgds
22 Peter