From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Kernel fails to boot on Via Epia
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:45:04
1 > > VFS: Cannot open root device "303" or unknown-block (3,3)
2 > > Please append a correct boot option; here are the available:
3 > > Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
4 > > unknown-block(3,3)
5 >
6 > The kernel is unable to find your root device. Try with the
7 > sda notation, if that fails post your kernel config.
8
9 Neil, could this alternatively be due to the filesystem driver being absent from the kernel? Ie not built at all or built as a module, so it wont be available early enough in the boot process?
10
11 Thomas, I also have an EPIA (disk booted) so I can dig that up if there's no progress.