From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with aclocal
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 22:39:21
1 On Wed, 1 May 2013 23:05:18 +0200, Rafa Griman wrote:
2
3 > Got some problems with aclocal :( When running:
4 >
5 > emerge -avDuN --with-bdeps=y world
6 >
7 > I get a whole bunch of packages who won't install nor upgrade with the
8 > following error:
9 >
10 > Failed Running aclocal !
11 >
12 > Looking through the Forums I saw I've got to mask autoconf. So I added autoconf to:
13 >
14 > /etc/portage/package.mask
15
16 That's what you get with the forums, aclocal isn't even part of autoconf,
17 it is provided by automake-wrapper.
18
19 > And now I get a whole bunch of errors saying autoconf is masked and I
20 > have to unmask it ... which takes me back to step 1 ...
21
22 There have been issues with automake-1.13. I have seen a similar error on
23 one package and worked around it with
24
25 WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.12 emerge -1 cat/package
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 BING But It's Not Google