From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] General weirdness - a tale of woe.
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 14:01:26
1 On Sunday 31 May 2015 13:18:06 Mick wrote:
2
3 > You could look into ~/Mail/ or wherever you keep your mails and find the
4 > Inbox directory. Then copy any messages you want shown there manually.
5 > The index will be recreated when you restart Kmail, or if you click on
6 > 'Recreate Index' under the Properties/Maintenance of the folder.
7 >
8 > Also, under Settings/Configure Kmail/Misc there is a field to specify which
9 > folder to open on start up.
10 >
11 > Some combination of the above should work.
12
13 The trouble is that the in-box folder is missing, so there's no way to
14 manipulate what's in it.
15
16 > Please note there is a known bug which has come about due to bitrot: All
17 > sent messages are placed in the local Sent-Mail folder. I have to manually
18 > drag and drop them in the respective email account sent folders from which
19 > they were sent.
20
21 Ah, well that shouldn't bother me because I have only one outgoing account, so
22 only one sent-mail folder.
25 Rgds
26 Peter