From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Browsers cannot access WWW while ping and host utilities work as expected.
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 18:38:25
1 On 2013-08-04, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 04 Aug 2013 19:56:08 gevisz wrote:
3
4 >> The ifconfig utility shows that instead of eth0 I have somewhat
5 >> strange enp2s15 but I have played with this and found no difference
6 >> after forcing udev to name it eth0.
7 >
8 > This is the new kernel naming scheme of NICs.
9
10 No, it's not.
11
12 It's the new _udev_ naming scheme. The kernel names things the same
13 as always (eth0, wlan0, and so on depending depends somewhat on the
14 driver itself, which can provide the base name).
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! OVER the underpass!
18 at UNDER the overpass!
19 gmail.com Around the FUTURE and
20 BEYOND REPAIR!!