From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thin-provisioning-tools - but I don't provision anything!!!!!
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 21:38:46
1 Am Freitag, 15. September 2017, 23:15:05 CEST schrieb Alan Mackenzie:
2 > Yes, but do I want it to go away? What is it, what does it do?
3 >
4 > OK, let's try emerge -s thin-provisioning-tools. We get back only
5 > patronising garbage, namely "A suite of tools for thin provisioning on
6 > Linux" - well, duh! Who write's this stuff?
7 >
8 > So, WTF is thin provisioning?
9
10 I'm tempted to ask whether google is down or something, but I'm tired and
11 waiting for 7z to finish so here you go anyway:
12
13 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_provisioning
14
15 I would say you probably don't need to care about it.
16
17 HTH
18 --
19 Marc Joliet
20 --
21 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
22 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup