From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck.fat 4.1 - File system couldn't be fixed
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 22:40:30
1 On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 14:36:51 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I wipe the /boot, reinstall kernel, initframes, grub.
4 > The system boots, I can login as root but X is not running,
5 > the command is displaying: "(none) /#"
6 >
7 > When I try to start the network I get:
8 > fsck.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24) open: no such file or directory
9 > Filesystems couldn't be fixed
10 > ERROR: fsck failed to start
11 >
12 > It seems to me "/" file system mount in "read only" mode.
13 > When I try to emerge anything I get: /var/log/emerge.log Read-only file
14 > system.
15
16 Have you actually booted fully? This looks like the situation when
17 mounting root fails and the initramfs drops you to a console? Does mount
18 show that you partitions from fstab have mounted?
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Why is bra singular and pants plural?