From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ctags & exuberant ctags conflict?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:03:07
1 Hi!
2
3 On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:58:50 -0400 Jeff <jmg_071769@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 > Wondering, what's the difference between ctags and exuberant-ctags,
5 > and why one would take the place of the other? One of my users has
6 > pointed out that 'there should be only one', and that he has always
7 > used exuberant in the past. Is there a way to safely link exuberant
8 > for him without hosing his system?
9 >
10 > See here:
11 >
12 > # find /usr/bin/ | grep ctag
13 > /usr/bin/exuberant-ctags
14 > /usr/bin/ctags
15
16 Quoting the exuberant-ctags ebuild:
17 > namepace collision with X/Emacs-provided /usr/bin/ctags -- we
18 > rename ctags to exuberant-ctags (Mandrake does this also).
19
20 So if you have X/Emacs installed it would explain the existance
21 of /usr/bin/ctags on your system.
22
23 As for your user... He can simply alias exuberant-ctags to ctags in
24 his .bashrc and be done with it.
27 Cheers,
28 Renat
31 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
32 durch die sie entstanden sind.
33 (Einstein)