From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] getting rid of KDE
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 07:45:08
1 On 12/21/11 02:11, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 >On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:54:38PM -0700, Joseph wrote
3 >> I have a problem getting rid of KDE (those meta package might be
4 >> easy to install/upgrade but getting rid of them is not easy).
5 >
6 >> When I run emerge -uDNav world I get:
7 >>
8 >> =x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.7.2 kde
9 >>
10 >> =x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.2 kde
11 >>
12 >> My USE flags:
13 >> USE="X gtk -qt4 -kde dvd alsa cdr cups apache2 ssl foomaticdb \
14 >> ppds mysql -acl java tiff jpeg png usb udev scanner fam
15 >> nptl truetype kpathsea type1 opengl tetex -arts hal dbus
16 >> semantic-desktop "
17 >>
18 >> It is trying to pull IN some KDE packages as well, I don't know
19 >> where package is pulling them?
20 >
21 > Check your /etc/portage/package.use file. Does it have kde flags
22 >anywhere in it? If so, you'll need to get rid of them to eradicate
23 >kde.
24 >
25 >--
26 >Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27
28 "equery d" does not show any package depending on kde, qt3 or qt4
29
30 That KDE is is lika a cockroach, it is hard to get rid of it :-/
33 Joseph