From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:42:06
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 05:42:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> Little light bulb here. physical volume is the same as a physical
6 >> drive? If I understand it correctly, it is the whole thing
7 >> unpartitioned.
8 >>
9 > No. A physical volume is an area of disk. It can be the whole disk but it
10 > more usually a partition.
14 Ooooh. Still some progress tho. lol So, if I was going to use LVM, I
15 create a partition first, either whole drive or part of it then use LVM
16 on that? Then comes in the rest of the stuff that I am still trying to
17 get a grip on.
18
19 This reminds me of catching a catfish. It's slimy and hard to get a
20 grip on. lol
21
22 Dale
23