From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage wants KDE4, I don't
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:02:42
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
4 >>> On November 25, 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> I decided to give portage 2.1.6_rc1 a try. Now it wants to upgrade my
7 >>>> KDE3 to KDE4. I never unmasked or keyworded any KDE4 stuff. Any
8 >>>> options other than removing portage 2.1.6_rc1 again?
9 >>>>
10 >>> 1st of all, I'm running 2.2.x versions of portage and never had KDE4
11 >>> magically unmasked. You'd better check your setup. I do realize that
12 >>> 2.2.x is not 2.1.6_rc1, but what I mean - it must be either a bug in
13 >>> portage or your setup. Find where the problem originates. Do you
14 >>> have ~arch KDE3 ? I suppose you don't run ~arch branch, right?
15 >>
16 >> I am using portage-2.2_rc15 and I have unstable KDE 3 but nothing KDE
17 >> 4. I actually tested KDE 4 once and had to unmask all the KDE 4 stuff
18 >> to get it.
19 >>
20 >> I agree, there is something fishy about his/her setup. I think that if
21 >> this happened to anyone else, someone would have spoke up by now. I'll
22 >> sync in a little bit and test mine to be sure tho.
23 >
24 > No, not unmasked but keyworded. We've figured it out by now. It was
25 > because KDE4 was getting masked automatically by EAPI2 which stable
26 > portage doesn't support. As soon as portage was upgraded, no masking
27 > anymore due to EAPI and hence KDE4 got pulled-in.
32 Well, I noticed this on mine. I thought I had unmasked KDE 3.5 but
33 after going and looking, I have not. I have portage-2.2_rc16 currently
34 installed and it appears autounmask does not work well with it.
35
36 This may at some point help the OP but can help me at the moment. How
37 does one unmask ALL the KDE 3 packages but not the KDE 4 stuff? I ask
38 that as in what command would list those to copy to packages.unmask or
39 add them to it.
40
41 I think whoever writes code for autounmask needs to get a gently nudge.
42 It doesn't seem to like the latest portage. I'm not complaining and I
43 know I am running unstable packages. Just thinking he may not know that
44 his code just got borked. :-O
45
46 I eagerly await the day one can keyword/unmask kde-meta and it
47 automatically unmasks all its friends. I'm not sure how good that day
48 will be but it is a thought.
49
50 Dale
51