From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage wants KDE4, I don't
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:15:13
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
3 >> On November 25, 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I decided to give portage 2.1.6_rc1 a try. Now it wants to upgrade my
6 >>> KDE3 to KDE4. I never unmasked or keyworded any KDE4 stuff. Any
7 >>> options other than removing portage 2.1.6_rc1 again?
8 >>>
9 >> 1st of all, I'm running 2.2.x versions of portage and never had KDE4 magically
10 >> unmasked. You'd better check your setup. I do realize that 2.2.x is not
11 >> 2.1.6_rc1, but what I mean - it must be either a bug in portage or your
12 >> setup. Find where the problem originates. Do you have ~arch KDE3 ? I suppose
13 >> you don't run ~arch branch, right?
14 >
15 > I am using portage-2.2_rc15 and I have unstable KDE 3 but nothing KDE
16 > 4. I actually tested KDE 4 once and had to unmask all the KDE 4 stuff
17 > to get it.
18 >
19 > I agree, there is something fishy about his/her setup. I think that if
20 > this happened to anyone else, someone would have spoke up by now. I'll
21 > sync in a little bit and test mine to be sure tho.
22
23 No, not unmasked but keyworded. We've figured it out by now. It was
24 because KDE4 was getting masked automatically by EAPI2 which stable
25 portage doesn't support. As soon as portage was upgraded, no masking
26 anymore due to EAPI and hence KDE4 got pulled-in.