From: Neal Hogan <nealhogan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 01:55:13
3 YES!
4
5 If you'd rather have your free OS accommodate your needs, then perhaps
6 you should find/create one. Otherwise, shut up or make your
7 suggestions less obnoxious (realizing the non-native English issue).
8
9 The OP's position (from what I can tell) has been combative and less
10 than conducive to progress.
11
12 In the end, Gentoo is a distro that is free of charge and . . . well.
13 . . . pretty good. Non-devs are welcome to make suggestions, but not
14 demands. If you'd rather have vim (or "easier" access to it), then go
15 somewhere else.
16
17 Nano is the editor of (default)choice. IF it is REALLY a situation
18 where Gentoo is not providing its users with a choice of editor and
19 this is a problem for you, then use something else.
20
21 To claim that "I try to change things that are 'wrong' (I fight for
22 injustice)" is silly, in this context. This is not civil rights . . .
23 this is not genocide . . . this is an OS distro that is free and MAY
24 fit your needs. To complain about it on the scale that the OP has, is
25 just (again) SILLY! (you are not a saint)
26
27 To all of those who took the time to put this joker into his/her
28 place, I applaud you. It's amazing how often subtly fails.
29
30 On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM, forgottenwizard