From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] boot hangs forever at “Loading initial ramdisk...”
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 00:02:51
1 On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 7:32 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > I had another thought. Just in case it is a bug with grub that only
5 > affects certain hardware, maybe try a different bootloader? Maybe try
6 > lilo or some other bootloader that works with your hardware. I seem to
7 > recall you having EFI so I'm sure there is plenty of those to choose from.
10 Good thought - I just now got a successful boot using efibootmgr. Peter
11 Humphries also suggested that somewhere in this thread, but also stated
12 that he couldn’t get grub to work on the same brand mobo (Asus). I’d
13 almost believe that it’s a grub-Asus thing except for the fact that
14 Sysrescue and Ubuntu both boot successfully. And I think they use grub.
15
16 Maybe time to experiment with a different version or fresh installation of
17 grub. Except that I’m burnt out on booting. Think I’ll go outside and dig
18 some holes.
19
20 John