From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 17:13:29
1 On Saturday 03 July 2010 18:37:36 Mick wrote:
2 > > Sometimes I receive a personal email response to a message that I have
3 > > posted to the list. This seems to happen because the person that kindly
4 > > responded has for some reason cc'd me in the reply. If I try to reply to
5 > > it the post will not go to the list, but the person that emailed me.
6 > > Pressing 'l' in kmail just brings up an empty to field. This seems to
7 > > happen only with some replies. Will keep an eye out for it to see if it
8 > > is consistent.
9 >
10 > OK, just got this baby from Alan:
11 > ==================================================
12 > From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
13 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
14 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash stopped working after Firefox 3.6.3-
15 >
16 > >3.6.4 update.
17 >
18 > Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:37:53 +0200
19 > User-Agent: KMail/1.13.3 (Linux/2.6.34-ck-r1; KDE/4.4.4; x86_64; ; )
20 > Cc: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
21 > References: <i0gk73$kj6$1@×××××××××××.org>
22 > <20100702095121.76fe5102@××××××××.fabnetwork>
23 > <201007031230.55562.michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
24 > In-Reply-To: <201007031230.55562.michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
25 > MIME-Version: 1.0
26 > Content-Type: Text/Plain;
27 > charset="utf-8"
28 > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
29 > Message-Id: <201007031337.53868.alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
30 > Status: R
31 > X-Status: N
32 > X-KMail-EncryptionState:
33 > X-KMail-SignatureState:
34 > X-KMail-MDN-Sent:
35 > ==================================================
36 >
37 > and amidst the headers there's no usual mailing list IDs et al, as is
38 > usually the case:
39 > ==================================================
40 > List-Post: <mailto:gentoo-user@l.g.o>
41 > List-Help: <mailto:gentoo-user+help@l.g.o>
43 > List-Subscribe: <mailto:gentoo-user+subscribe@l.g.o>
44 > List-Id: Gentoo Linux mail <gentoo-user.gentoo.org>
45 > X-BeenThere: gentoo-user@l.g.o
46 > Reply-to: gentoo-user@l.g.o
47 > ==================================================
48 >
49 > So, when I enter "l" the response is set directly to Alan, instead of
50 > Gentoo Users M/L.
51 >
52 > Alan, any idea why this is so? Do you intentionally copy me in your
55 Two things happened here on my end:
56
57 My kmail filters didn't kick in (kmail does that to me sometimes) so the mail
58 I replied to was in my inbox, not the gentoo-user folder where it should have
59 been. The list folder is the one that knows it contains a list not the inbox.
60
61 I was also dealing with a bunch of work mail as the same time and with those I
62 reply to all.
63
64 When I replied, I hit "A" without thinking and only saw it after I pressed
65 Ctrl-Enter to send. So my bad, my screw-up.
71 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com