From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Assistance if possible
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 04:15:45
1 Hi,
2
3 All of you guys that are more experienced and technical than I am will
4 probably laugh at me. However ....
5
6 Today, I wanted to update my computer. I got all kinds of messages
7 related to kde stuff. One my one, I unmerged the offending packages and
8 added the line to my package.keywords file so that an upgrade of a
9 package masked by keyword would be installed.
10
11 However, activitymanager can't be reinstalled because there isn't an
12 upgrade to 4.8.1. Since I went about things the way I did, I can't get
13 this package installed because everything else is upgraded to 4.8.1 and
14 activitymanager's latest version is 4.7.4.
15
16 I've done revdep-rebuild and everything is fine there. Can I function
17 without this package until I can get it upgraded to the same level as
18 everything else on my system?
19
20 Regards,
21