From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What's happened to gentoo-sources?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 09:11:37
1 On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 02:33:12 +0200, Kai Krakow wrote:
2
3 > Am Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:56:31 +0100
4 > schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
5 >
6 > > > - so my next upgrade would "force" me into deciding going way down
7 > > > (probably a bad idea) or up into unknown territory (and this showed:
8 > > > can also be a problem). Or I can stay with 4.6 until depclean
9 > > > removed it for good (which will, by the way, remove the files
10 > > > from /usr/src).
11 > >
12 > > Depclean won't remove it if you add it to world.
13 >
14 > Multi-slot packages ARE removed by depclean except the last stable
15 > version - which jumped backwards for me because I used an ~arch kernel
16 > that was removed from portage.
17
18 Not if you specify the version.
19
20 > Lesson learned: Keep your eyes open. Maybe I put the kernel slot
21 > into my world file, with the opposite downside this has. (note to
22 > myself)
23
24 That's exactly what I did before I started using sets.conf. There is no
25 downside because I don't want depclean to remove a kernel source package,
26 that's for me to decide on.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
33 and I'm not sure about the the universe."
34 (Albert Einstein)