From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Index to /usr/share/doc/...html... a reinvented wheel?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:36:13
1 On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:27:20 -0700
2 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3
4 > On 7/4/07, David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:19:14 -0700
7 > > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
8 > >
9 > > > I emerge with the doc USE flag and generally have a bunch of
10 > > > stuff in /usr/share/doc. Most of the time it's the HTML stuff I
11 > > > want to read, but it's a annoyingly laborious to wade through
12 > > > unindexed directgories and get a browser pointing to the right
13 > > > thing. So I wrote a little Perl script to create a top-level
14 > > > "index.html", organized by package and with a bit of rudimentary
15 > > > pruning. I bookmarked it in Firefox, and can get to things a lot
16 > > > faster now. I like the result, and will continue to tweak it
17 > > > here and there.
18
19 ...[snip]...
20
21 > Hmm. I never intended to run it that way. I run a cronjob as root,
22 > with output directed to "index.html". I'd worry that your way would
23 > be too slow.
24
25 Fair enough :->
26
27 Evidently I misinterpreted "wrote a little Perl script to create
28 ... index.html ... bookmarked it in Firefox" to mean "bookmarked
29 the scrip"t rather than "bookmarked index.html".
30
31 My mistake.
32
33 David