From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shell echo missing after ctrl+c
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:29:52
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 19 Mar 2017 05:40:09 Dale wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I've likely had it happen on a regular console too. I have just got so
5 >> used to it, I don't pay it any attention. I suspect this is a deep
6 >> issue somewhere. Maybe even as low level as the kernel somehow or close
7 >> to it.
8 >>
9 >> It will be interesting to see what it is tho. Given how long it has
10 >> been doing it here at least, it's going to be a old commit/change which
11 >> may be difficult to track back.
12 >>
13 >> Dale
14 >>
15 >> :-) :-)
16 > Not sure this will help, but none of my systems have this problem. urxvt,
17 > xterm, konsole, terminology, all display anything I enter in the keyboard
18 > after I have pressed Ctrl+c. I run enlightenment, or fluxbox, I have not
19 > tried with the plasma DE yet.
20
21 Be interesting to see what happens when you try that. I have KDE for my
22 main desktop. I do have others, Fluxbox etc, for backup usage tho.
23
24 If we keep posting what we use and what is affected, or not, maybe we
25 can find something common that points to the problem. Maybe.
26
27 Dale
28