From: Alexander Tanyukevich <atanyukevich@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BASH Completion - Mixing directories and executables
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:38:54
1 On Monday, October 3, 2011, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I was wondering if someone had a good suggestion to fix the following:
6 >
7 > $> wo<TAB>
8 > $> word<TAB><TAB>
9 > $> word
10 > wordforms wordlist2hunspell
11 > $>work<TAB>
12 > $>workspaces/
13 >
14 > I'm trying to reach the "workspaces" directory but BASH completion
15 > seems to prefer executables. It seems to only list directories if no
16 > executables are found.
17 >
18 > Is it possible to combine them or something like that?
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 > Hilco
24 if you're disable bash completion situation will be the same. That's how it
25 works.
26 If you want to reach workspaces you should try:
27
28 $./wo<tab>
32 Alexander Tanyukevich
33 atanyukevich@×××××.com